Who runs this website and what is it?
This website is run by Energy Networks Association Limited. We are a not-for-profit industry body for the energy networks. We provide information and services to the companies which operate the electricity and gas network infrastructure in the UK and Ireland. A lot of the information we provide is of a technical nature. Where possible, we have kept this content within the Industry hub.
We don't supply energy, and neither do our members. If you're looking for your energy supplier, we can help you find them by using our search tool to contact your local network operator and asking for help. However, we can help you with questions about what to do if you smell gas or experience a power cut. We also provide information about the industry's free Priority Services Membership, available if you need extra help.
In storms and other emergencies affecting energy supplies, we sometimes provide updates and information to the public to help you stay safe.
You can read more about what we do on our About us page.
Using our website
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. Some of the content is written for a technical audience and you'll typically find this content within the Industry hub. Where we think content has a broader interest, it is written in language which is easy to understand.
How accessible this website is
We have pursued compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. Further to conducting formal accessibility checking on the site we are aware of the following issues:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some videos don’t have captions but you can enable automatic captions
- the code used in all the newsletter sign-up forms is not compliant with accessibility standards
- the Google Tag Manager script contains an iframe with no title attribute
- all the website buttons don’t have an ‘outline’ focus state
- the Who's my energy supplier? field labels are not visible when entering your postcode
- the Newsroom image thumbnails all have the same ID
- the Resource library ‘download’ buttons all use the same wording
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using [email protected]
Preparation of this statement and testing
This statement was prepared on 21 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 11 March 2022.
This website was last tested on 25 September 2020.