2.1 Strengthen case for Gas Safety (Management) Regulations amendment
On 9th July 09:30-12:00 Gas Goes Green and IGEM hosted a webinar on IGEM’s peer review consultation for gas quality and changes to GS(M)R. The webinar was attended by 130 individuals from across the industry.
- Dr Thom Koller (Programme Lead, Gas Goes Green) started the webinar by introducing Gas Goes Green and highlighting the need for existing gas legislation and regulation to change to allow for greater proportions of net zero compliant gases.
- Ian McCluskey (Head of Technical Services and Policy, IGEM) provided an overview of the Gas quality Standard.
- Dave Lander (Dave Lander Consulting) discussed revisions of the Dutton approach.
- Dr Martin Brown (Principal Specialist, DNV GL) discussed the consumer effects of widening the Wobbe Index.
- Dr Sarah Kimpton (Senior Principal Consultant, DNV GL) highlighted Gas Quality Variations and discussed the effects widening the Wobbe Index could have on Industrial & Commercial Customers.
Presentations from the session can be found here.
Responses to the questions raised during the webinar can be found here.
A video of the webinar can be accessed below.