Membership criteria and finances
As a trade association, we represent companies in the energy networks industry. Membership is open to all owners and operators of licences for transmission and/or distribution of electricity and/or gas in the UK and Ireland. Your organisation can join ENA by contacting us.
Purpose and objectives
Our overriding goals are to promote the UK and Ireland energy networks ensuring our networks are the safest, most reliable, most efficient and sustainable in the world. We seek to influence decision-makers on issues that are important to our members. These include:
- Regulation and the wider representation in UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe
- Cost-efficient engineering services and related businesses for the benefit of members
- Safety, health and environment across the gas and electricity industries
- The development and deployment of smart technology
As the voice of the energy networks, ENA acts as a strategic focus and channel of communication for the industry. We promote the interests and good standing of the industry and provide a forum of discussion among company members.
Our objectives are:
- To represent the interests of our members in everything that we do
- To deliver the highest level of service to our members and promote their interests in a responsive and proactive manner
- To act as the technical and authoritative voice of the networks influencing and persuading in the best interests of our members
- To expect the highest standards of professionalism, probity and integrity from all our team
- To maintain a sound financial position while delivering value for money
- To be recognised as an excellent employer attracting, developing and retaining an effective and motivated team
Our committees include the areas of:
- Safety, health and environment
- Engineering and network resilience
- Innovation and development
- External affairs
In addition, we support the Energy Emergencies Executive Committee (E3C) which is managed by the UK Government, and provide secretariat services to the E3C Communications Task Group Committee.