Who we are and what we do
Energy Networks Association (ENA) represents the ‘wires and pipes’ transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland. Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers these vital services into our homes and businesses.
ENA's overriding goals are to promote the UK and Ireland energy networks ensuring our networks are the safest, most reliable, most efficient and sustainable in the world. We influence decision-makers on issues that are important to our members. These include:
- Regulation and the wider representation in UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.
- Cost-efficient engineering services and related businesses for the benefit of members.
- Safety, health and environment across the gas and electricity industries.
- The development and deployment of smart technology.
As the voice of the energy networks sector ENA acts as a strategic focus and channel of communication for the industry. We promote the interests and good standing of the industry, and provide a forum of discussion among company members.
ENA also provides business support functions to a number of industry related companies. These include secretariat services, financial services, database management, tailored consultancy services, public relations and event management.
ENA Corporate Objectives
- To represent the interests of our members in everything that we do.
- To deliver the highest level of service to our members and to others, in the interest of our members, in a responsive and proactive manner.
- To act as the technical and authoritative voice of the networks influencing and persuading in the best interests of our members.
- To expect the highest standards of professionalism, probity and integrity from all our team.
- To maintain a sound financial position delivering value for money.
- To be recognised as an excellent employer attracting, developing and retaining an effective and motivated team.
ENA has produced a booklet about the UK and Ireland Energy Networks, which is available to download.
If you have any questions about information on the site, please contact [email protected].
For information on the retail and generation companies see the Energy UK website.