Open Networks - What is the policy framework for delivering Britain’s Internet of Energy?
9:00-11:30 Friday 1st February 2019
Energy Networks Association
4 More London SE1 2AU
As the Open Networks Project publishes its 2018 Review and 2019 Work Plan for consultation, ENA is delighted to invite you to an in-depth discussion with leading policymakers from BEIS and the Ofgem about their plans for smart networks in Great Britain.
- Discuss the role of the Project as a ‘key initiative’ in the BEIS/Ofgem Smart Systems & Flexibility Plan, and its role in wider Government policy
- Examine the progress of the Project to date – both in terms of fulfilling its own objectives and the Government’s policy objectives
- Look ahead to the Project’s plans for 2019, including the chance to feedback on those plans both to ENA and BEIS/Ofgem and hear from other industry figures what they would like to see the Project achieve
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hywel Lloyd (Chair), Associate Director, UK100 & IPPR
- David Capper, Deputy Director and Head of Future Electricity Networks, BEIS
- Louise Van Rensburg, Interim Deputy Director, Energy Systems Transition, Ofgem
- Nigel Turvey, Chair, Open Networks Project Steering Group
- Emma Pinchbeck, Executive Director, Renewable UK