Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR Conference
As energy networks prepare to meet the demands of a flexible power system, Network, the UK’s only dedicated media brand for engineers in gas, power and heat networks, is launching Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR – a unique conference exploring today’s solutions to tomorrow’s challenges.
The conference will explore the drivers for flexibility and set the strategic context, before diving into the detail of operational and technical solutions around storage and DSR, including the latest findings from innovation-funded studies. It will ask how customers and other stakeholders can be engaged in the transition, and will look at the role of flexibility beyond the network, at grid-level.
Taking place on 1st November 2017 at the Birmingham Conference and Events Centre, it is the first conference of its kind showcasing technical, operational and innovative solutions to storage and DSR for future network flexibility.
Expert speakers include:
- Jonathan Brearley, Senior partner, networks, Ofgem
- Scott Mathieson, Network planning and regulation director, SP Energy Networks
- Phil Sheppard, Director of network strategy, National Grid
- Steven Edwards, Director of regulation and commercial, Wales and West Utilities
- Nick Phillips, Head of investment planning, Northern Gas Networks
- Stewart Reid, Head of asset management and innovation, SSE Networks
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of smart grid development, UK Power Networks
- Steve Cox, Engineering & technical director, Electricity North West
This CPD-certified event provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the Smart Systems Consultation and what it means for networks
- Hear directly from Ofgem to gain a crucial insight into RIIO2
- The journey for networks to achieve flexibility
- Access the benefits of demand side response to defer network reinforcement
- Understand the role that interconnection plays in supporting flexibility
- Capitalise on the opportunities of a decarbonised future
15% Member Discount
As a supporter, we can offer our members a preferential rate to attend – to view full details and book, visit http://events.networks.online/flexible/book/ and when registering insert promo code ENA15 to get the 15% discount.