Overhead Power Lines Safety Campaign
Look Out Look Up!
On average, one farm worker dies each year as a result of contact with an overhead power line. In the last five years, there were 1,140 near-miss incidents involving machinery and overhead power lines where serious injury or death was a possibility.
In response to the scale of such incidents, Energy Networks Association and GB’s electricity network operators have joined forces to launch Look Out Look Up! – the key objectives are to:
- Raise awareness of the risks of overhead power lines
- Increase understanding of how to deal with them safely
- Motivate people who may come into contact with power lines to adopt safe behaviours
- Encourage people to recognise 105 as the national number for power emergencies across the UK
Please do support Look Out, Look Up! by downloading and sharing the content available here. Assets for use include a film, social media copy and accompanying images and content sized for Twitter and Facebook, key campaign messages and a case study of a farmer involved in an overhead power line incident.
You can also download the different assets referenced in the toolkit from the links below:
- Social Media Assets [last updated 11th January 2018]
- Look Out, Look Up! Safety Videos (all versions)
- Look Out, Look Up! Toolkit [last updated 11th January 2018]
- Public Safety Leaflets
- Power cut and power emergency advice
- What is 105?
- Look Out, Look Up - 2018 Campaign Results
- Look Out, Look Up - Press Release Final
With your help, we hope to make sure as many of our target audience as possible are aware of how to behave around overhead power lines in order to minimise the risk of serious injury.