ENA and it's members are working hard to support the roll-out of electricity and gas smart metering in Great Britain. This involves working closely with Energy Suppliers, Government, BEIS, Ofgem, The Smart Metering Data Communication Company (DCC) and other stakeholders to ensure that the benefits to electricity and gas network customers are maximised. The work includes (but is not limited to):
- Working to better understand Energy Supplier roll-out plans to ensure an effective and efficient response to network related issues that arise during smart meter installations;
- Understanding how information from smart meters can be best used to inform efficient network reinforcement decisions and keep these costs to customers as low as possible;
- Understanding how smart meter information can improve the level of service provided to those customers that experience network related supply disturbances and interruptions.
As part of ENA’s work to support the GB smart metering roll-out a series of reports have been produced and these are available from the links below.
For further information on ENA’s work in supporting the smart metering roll-out please contact either Paul Abreu.
ENA EREC M31 Issue 1 - DNO Strategy for Supplier Population of Network Operators’ Trust Anchor Cells in Electricity Smart Meters
This document has been developed by the members of the ENA DCC Interaction IT Group (DIG) and provides guidance to suppliers on the appropriate use of DNO and iDNO credentials in accordance with Inventory, Enrolment and Withdrawal Procedures set out in the Smart Energy Code. Suppliers need the correct DNO/iDNO credentials given in this document in order to populate the network operator trust anchor cells in a newly installed electricity smart meter.
As an interim arrangement the document is currently available to energy suppliers by request to Paul Abreu [email protected]. In time access to the document will be made available via the SEC secure member area.
ENA EREC M30 - Standard Electricity Network Operator Electricity Smart Meter Configurations – September 2016
ENA has published a document that specifies a set of standard configurations relating to Electricity Network Operator functionality that should be applied to an electricity smart meter prior to commissioning. It is anticipated that these settings will be applied as part of the manufacturing or testing process by the smart meter manufacturer. The Electricity Network Operator is able to change these settings post commissioning using the appropriate DCC Service Request.
Consumer Attidudes to DNO Access to Half Hourly Electricity Consumption Data March 2017
Smart meters are able to record and store lots of information about the energy supply provided to customers. Some of the information contained in smart meters is considered to be personal information and is subject to much more stringent privacy controls. One of these data items is Half Hourly Consumption Data.
In the latter part of 2016 Ipsos MORI conducted 12 ENA sponsored consumer focus groups to obtain the consumer views and attitudes to DNOs having access to the half hourly consumption data contained within smart meters. The findings from this research are detailed in the Ipsos MORI final report here.
EA Technology Smart Meter Aggregation Assessment - July 2015
- EA Technology Smart Meter Aggregation Assessment Final Report
- EA Technology Smart Meter Aggregation Assessment Final Report - Executive Summary
- EA Technology Smart Meter Aggregation Assessment Final Report - Benefits Reduction
ENA Review of the Analysis of Network Benefits from Smart Meter Message Flows - July 2013
MOCOPA Guidance on Service Termination Issues
ENA Report on Network Benefits of Smart Meter Message Flows - March 2012
Engage/ENA Privacy Impact Assessment of use of Smart Metering Data - October 2011
KEMA Cool Use of Energy (CUE) Reports - March 2011
- KEMA - CUE Report 1: The Opportunities for Demand Response
- KEMA - CUE Report 2: Strategic Issues and Action Planning
Engage/ENA High Level Smart Metering Cost Benefit Analysis - July 2010
- ENA High Level Smart Metering CBA: Summary Report
- ENA High Level Smart Metering Cost Benefit Analysis
ENA set of functional requirements for Smart Meters - April 2010
Engage reports on Smart Metering requirements - April 2010
- System requirements update
- Smart metering system use cases
- High-level smart meter data traffic analysis
- Data traffic analysis workbook
- Security and privacy control points