Open Public Consultations
Closed Public Consultations
Please visit our Future Worlds Consultation page for more information.
Call for Evidence/Consultation: Workstream 1 Product 10
The Open Networks team launched the Call for Evidence for Workstream 1 Product 10 to gather views and feedback that will help shape Open Networks work in this area. More information, including responses, will be made available once reviewed, along with the Open Networks final response to the consultation.
To view the call for evidence/consultation, click here.
If you would like to view our response to the webinar, please click on the following link: Webinar response.
Consultation: 2018 Workplan
The Open Networks project sought stakeholder views on the work that had been scoped and planned for development in 2018:
Consultation document: Consultation document on Phase 2 Work Programme
Subsidiary documents: Phase 2 Project Initiation Document
Close date: 23rd February 2018
Consultation responses received -
|JRC||Noveus||Open Utility||Scottish Power||Scottish Renewables||Smartest Energy|
Open Networks response -
A response to the comments received at the webinar can be viewed here.
The Open Networks project sought stakeholder views on the Commercial Principles for Contracted Flexibility: Promoting Access to Markets for Distributed Energy Resources paper which was delivered under 2017 Workstream 1 Product 4:
Consultation document: Commercial Principles for Contracted Flexibility
Close date: 29th September 2017
Planned 2018 Consultations
Although the 2018 Workplan consultation has closed (please see below for more information), we have several other consultations planned for this year. By holding these consultations, we hope to gather and collate feedback, ideas and criticisms regarding our 2018 products in order to assist with their futher development.
Please find both the 2018 timeline and short desciption of what will be addressed in each consultation below:
WS1: Product 10
- Current good practice document for flexibility connections. This will consult on a report capturing current DNO approaches and good practice to flexibility queue management.
WS3: Product 5
- We will consult on the definition of the 5 DSO market models developed in Workstream 3, as well as the key enablers for DSO and the methodology and key criteria on which we intend to base cost benefit assessment.
WS2: Product 2
- Position paper for capacity recycling, identifying and reviewing options for managing and planning capacity that may be contracted for but may not be being used by customers. Options and principles would be laid out in a position paper and recommendations would be provided to Ofgem & BEIS. This is likely to be linked to Ofgem’s review of Network Access and Forward Looking Charges.
WS2: Product 5
- Improve customer information and improve network operator processes in the post-application phase including queue management. This will include publishing good practice on:
- how interactive applications are handled;
- approaches to queue management where connection capacity is limited; and
- improving the general queue management and interactivity process information made available to customers.
WS1: Product 1
- Investment Processes; Whole system investment models; and proposed extension to NOA framework to include DER solutions. We will develop whole system investment processes beginning with a Regional Network Options Assessment (NOA) process and then extending this to developing processes for the inclusion of DER based solutions to provide network capacity. We will consult on requirements for information and models to enable implementation of the whole system regional NOA approach.
Should you have any questions or require any additional information regarding these consultations, please contact us at [email protected].