Opening Markets for Network Flexibility Report 2017
ENA and the Open Networks Project Members have published the “Opening Markets for Network Flexibility 2017 Achievements and Future Direction” report.
This report describes the background and scope of what ENA’s Open Networks Project has delivered in 2017 and will achieve going forward, and then sets out:
- Our whole system approach to development
- Our work to date focused on the customer experience
- How we are delivering the objectives set out in the Ofgem and BEIS Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan:
- Opening up the delivery of network requirements to the market so new solutions such as storage or demand side response can compete directly with more traditional network solutions, including as an alternative to reinforcement
- Mechanisms for transmission and distribution coordination which enable whole system network requirements to be identified and acted upon efficiently, in the best interests of the consumer
- The project’s support to whole system network charging reforms.
The report also describes the development work planned for 2018 as well as a vision of the next steps for the Open Networks Project.
You can download a copy of the report here.